Seeking to leverage over 10 years of blended experience in UX/UI Design, Graphic Artistry, Digital Imaging Specialization, and Art Direction - plus leading-edge academic knowledge of iPhone / iPad App Development and relevant software - to accelerate career path. Typically recognized by C-level executives for intuitive knack in quickly creating unique, memorable, and high-quality graphics for websites, email campaigns, and such publishing icons as The Wall Street Journal (both print and web) that precisely match client needs and expectations.
Accustomed to working on multiple projects while exhibiting total creative judgment for the quality and details of the finished product.
UX/UI Designer Verizon Telecom Basking Ridge (NJ) … February 2016 - Present
- Create a multitude of design deliverables including wireframes, site maps, screen flows/ process diagrams, task analyses, user scenarios and personas, competitive analyses, etc.
- Broad understanding of interface technologies especially HTML5, CSS, JSON, CMS, Java Script.
- Use Balsamiq for rapid wireframes and Sketch for higher fidelity prototypes.
Art Director/ Co-Owner mixed interactive, Montclair (NJ) ... February 2014 - February 2016
- Co-founded, managed and created an interactive designs company from the ground up.
- Work one on one with clients to understand the scope of their business design needs, develop, create, and customize responsive websites for desktop and mobile (Apple, Android and Windows).
- Create a multitude of design deliverables including wireframes, site maps, screen flows/process diagrams, task analyses, user scenarios and personas, competitive analyses, etc.
- Broad understanding of interface technologies especially HTML5, CSS, Parallax, CMS, UI/UX.
Consultant / Interactive Art Director
CH News Inc., Jersey City (NJ) ... February 2013 - November 2013
Publicis, Mundocom, New York (NY) ... February 2013
Testa Advertising, Montclair (NJ) ... October 2012 - February 2013
Echo Torre Lazur, Mountain Lakes (NJ) ... May 2012 - July 2012
- Worked as a consultant for the listed companies to improve overall design on the web. Work included web banners, Flash website and email campaigns.
Art Director GRM Document Management, Jersey City (NJ) ... 2010 - 2012
Initially hired as a designer; just 5 months later, approached by Chief Financial Officer for this newly-created role to correspond with the launch of Company’s Marketing Dept. (a change from the former outsourcing mode) as the Company sought to enter the highly-promising mobile website market. Personally charged with building prototypes and wireframes from the ground up for the Evolve Motorcycle campaign. Supervised 2 freelance staff members.
Designed and specified user interfaces for mobile, flash, and website.
- Effectively communicated research findings, conceptual ideas, and detailed designs visually and verbally.
- Selected by both the CFO and a fellow C-level executive to introduce GRMpedia - a web service aimed at expanding Company’s reach from local to nation-wide
- Picked by CEO to direct a team of 2 designers towards the creation and design product launch involving Evolve Motorcycles - a subsidiary that imports motorcycle batteries from Israel and motorcycle parts from China. The goal: To penetrate the ripe-with-potential “green” market by showcasing the merits of an electric motorcycle to environmentally-conscious consumers
- Chosen by CEO to infuse fresh and consistent branding associated with Mana Contemporary - a sister company that provides museum-quality art storage and art moving / handling for its niche clientele who appreciates fine art
Art Director Metta Creative Group, Hoboken (NJ) ... 2010
Co-founded this organization to provide an outlet for local designers to team up and assume more challenging projects.
- Secured CH News Inc., READ, and The Wall Street Journal as clients by leveraging influential network of industry contacts
- Drew the cover illustrations for The Wall Street Journal “Weekend Section”; it was so well received reused on several blogging websites
- Located a group of trusted print vendors that enabled Company to crack the previously-untapped print materials (e.g., brochures, folders, books, and book-binding) market
- Designed and built an on-line asset management system to delegate tasks and optimally track project activity
- Set up Company email, telephone, eFAX, website, and other branding mechanisms to portray a unified look to prospective clients
- Co-signed Shah Distributors as clients and shot photography of 1,000 of their products that appeared in their quarterly catalog
Digital Imaging Specialist The Wall Street Journal, New York (NY) ... 2006 - 2010
Started as a freelancer and transitioned full-time status after 3 months. Interacted with 20+ Art Directors in executing their visions and ideas.
- Catapulted productivity of adjusted images (e.g., color correction and image adjustments) from 10 to 35 images per day - all while upholding high quality
- Approached by the Color Lab Manager to test different newsprint colors based on the newspaper seeking to whiten their newsprint paper; this initiative was designed to improve legibility and overall color presentation
- Established and customized the GAMS (Graphic Asset Management System), which became the backbone in assigning tasks amongst 6 employees
- Helped to revamp the “Weekend Section” to bolster quality and aesthetics
Graphic Artist Metrowest Advertising, West Orange (NJ) ... 2005 - 2006
Graphic Artist / Prepress Minuteman Press, Jersey City (NJ) ... 2004 - 2005
Certificate in Advanced Flash CS5.5
Bergen Community College, Paramus (NJ) ... 2012
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
William Paterson University, Wayne (NJ) ... 2010
Adobe Creative Suite CC
Acrobat • Dreamweaver (CSS CSS3 XHTML HTML5) • Fireworks • Flash (Action Script 2.0) • InDesign • Illustrator • Photoshop (color management, digital photography / imaging, brushes, silhouettes)
iMovie • Automator • iWork 09 • iPhone SDK (Development Tools) • Keynote
Excel • PowerPoint • Word
Balsamiq (Wire Frames & Mock-Ups) • Omnigraffle • Sketch • Drupal • WordPress • Extensis Suitcase Fusion
Areas of Study
Layout • User Experience Design • User Interface Design • Photography • Design & Production • Photo Retouching • Image Manipulation • Advanced Graphic Design • Web & Interactive Design • Typography
Branding & Corporate Marketing • Search Engine Optimization • Printer / Vendor Sourcing, Selection, & Ongoing Relations • Budget Development & Administration • Team Leadership • Project Management • Trade Show Accessory Design (Booths / Flyers / Presentations / Promotional Materials)
Groups & Organizations
Captain / Player Zog Sports Soccer ... 2010 - present
Conversational Italian and Spanish